THE INTERN SUPERVISOR
A Supervising Ocularist is responsible for all work performed by the Intern. Supervising Ocularists must agree to the following:
· Direct supervision for the first 6,000 hours (three years)
· Indirect supervision following the above direct supervision timeframe.
Indirect supervision means the supervising Ocularist inspects all final shells and prosthesis made by the Intern.
· Support the Intern in all aspects of Ocularistry.
· Must maintain membership in ASO as a BADO in good standing so long as they are a Supervising Ocularist.
· Keep informed of the progress of your Intern during their enrollment in the College.
· A COO Supervisor is defined as an ASO Board Approved Diplomate Ocularist (BADO) or other person who has been approved by the COO Administration
and the ASO Board of Directors as an educational supervisor.